Breakfast Burrito with Bacon, Turkey & Spinach Recipe
Sometimes you just have a busy day or a heavy workout ahead, and you know you’ll need a nutritious breakfast to be able to keep up with it all. On those days I like to prepare a protein-rich breakfast that will keep me going throughout the day. This breakfast burrito recipe with bacon, turkey, baby spinach & cheese is one of those recipes!
Serves: 1 – 2 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total: 15 mins
Cooking & Kitchen Supplies: medium frying pan | mixing bowl | small plate or wire rack
- 1 large whole wheat wrap
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 slices of turkey (about 35g)
- 3 slices of smoked bacon (about 45g)
- 25g baby spinach
- 30g grated cheese
- 10g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- ground salt & pepper to taste
- optional: sriracha to taste
You can easily make endless variations on this recipe by adding whatever you feel like having that day. The breakfast burrito is also really good with sliced avocado, fried mushrooms, or tomatoes. Customize it however you want!
How to make a Breakfast Burrito with Bacon, Turkey & Baby Spinach
- Heat up your frying pan and add the bacon when it’s hot, no need to add butter. Fry the bacon until it’s brown & crispy.
- In the meantime, crack your eggs in a bowl & whisk them.
- When your bacon is done, turn the heat down to its lowest and transfer the bacon to a small plate or a wire rack.
- Add the butter to the pan and let it melt. Add the beaten eggs to the pan and start stirring with a fork or whisk to cook them evenly and keep them smooth. Be sure not to overcook them. Season them with ground salt & pepper once they’re done cooking.
- Lay the wrap on a plate and lightly coat the surface with some mayonnaise, then sprinkle on the grated cheese in the middle.
- Transfer your scrambled eggs from the pan onto the wrap, and arrange them in a line down the middle. Leave some space on the top and bottom to be able to fold the wrap inwards later on.
- Position your baby spinach on top of your scrambled eggs, then add the slices of turkey, and lastly, top it off with the crispy bacon.
- Wrap everything together, fold the bottom and top in first to avoid ingredients falling out while eating. If you want to you can also use some baking paper to keep everything together if you want to eat your wrap on the go or for lunch.
- Cut your wrap into 2 parts, down the middle, and enjoy a heavy protein-filled breakfast by yourself or share! Enjoy!