Lemon Curd Mousse with Biscoff Crumble Recipe
With the holiday season coming up, I was looking for an easy, no-fuss recipe that I can easily make ahead, but still looks kind of fancy. Since I expect everyone to appreciate a somewhat more light and airy dessert after a heavy main course, I experimented with a mousse!
That’s how this Lemon Curd Mousse with Biscoff Crumble recipe came about. It’s still nice and sweet, but feels a bit more refreshing because of the slightly sour undertone of the lemon curd.
Serves: 2 | Total: 25 mins
Cooking & Kitchen Supplies: mixer | 2 mixing bowls | blender | optional: piping bag
- 280g ricotta cheese
- 120ml whole cream
- 20g sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon curd
- 30g butter
- 8 Biscoff cookies (64g)
I rarely eat dessert at home since I’m not really into sweet things. But when I do eat something sweet, I tend to go for chocolate or fruit flavored things. I think it’s the balance between sweet and bitter or sour that really makes the difference for me.
How to make a Lemon Curd Mousse with Biscoff Crumble
- Throw the Biscoff cookies in the blender and blend until there’s only crumbles left. Transfer the cookie crumbles to a small bowl.
- Melt the butter in a pan on low fire. When the butter is fully melted, pour it in with the cookie crumbles and mix with a spoon.
- Scoop the cookie crumbles into the glasses you’ll be serving it in & lightly press it down with a spoon to even it out.
- Transfer the ricotta into a mixing bowl and add the lemon curd, then mix until it is smooth and well mixed.
- Pour the whole cream into another mixing bowl and add the sugar. Mix the cream until it is airy & forms soft peaks.
- Transfer the cream into the bowl with the ricotta. Mindfully fold it into the ricotta until the mousse is mixed.
- Scoop the mousse into the glasses with a spoon, or if you want it to look fancy, you can use a piping bag to fill it up more evenly.
- Put them in the fridge until after dinner, or enjoy them straight away!