Steak Salad with Ponzu Sauce Recipe
With Christmas around the corner, I felt like it was time to share a couple of Holiday-worthy recipes. Since the Christmas dinner always seems stressful enough as is, I came up with an easy appetizer that you can make in under 15 minutes & only uses a couple of ingredients. Nevertheless, it looks very festive and is a great starter with pure flavors.
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 8 mins | Cook Time: 6 mins | Total: 14 mins
Cooking & Kitchen Supplies: 2 x frying pan | tin foil | round plates for serving
- 300g steak
- 2 spring onions
- 20g pine nuts
- small bag of mixed lettuce
- 4-6 tbsp ponzu sauce (I used the one from Obento)
- 40g butter
- ground salt & pepper to taste
How to prepare a Steak Salad with Ponzu Sauce
- Melt a knob of butter in a frying pan on medium to high heat.
- Season your steak well with ground salt & pepper.
- Sear your steaks at a fairly high temperature to get a nice and brown, but juicy steak. Depending on your preferences, fry each side for 1 – 2 minutes for a rare to medium-rare steak, 2 – 3 minutes for medium, and 3 – 4 minutes for a medium well-done steak.
- In the meantime, roast your pine nuts in a frying pan on a low to medium fire. No need to add butter or oil, but be careful not to burn them.
- After you’ve cooked the steaks to your liking, transfer them to a plate or cutting board and wrap them in tin foil to let them rest for a couple of minutes.
- Cut your spring onions.
- Slice the steaks into thin strips and add some more salt & pepper if needed.
- Arrange everything on a round plate, starting with the steak strips. Lay them down in a circle, to make it look like a Christmas wreath. Be sure not to make the circle too small.
- Arrange the mixed lettuce in a smaller circle, slightly overlapping the meat. Top it off with the spring onions & roasted pine nuts.
- Drizzle some ponzu sauce over the lettuce & steak.
- It’s ready to serve, enjoy!
Do you guys have plans for Christmas (dinner) yet? If not, you can find some inspiration on the Christmas recipes page.
We’ll be spending time with our family, eating. Just the usual cozy & relaxed Christmas!