Asian Cucumber & Peanut Salad Recipe
Since we have hot summer days coming up, I created a quick & fresh salad recipe for you guys. It has only a couple of ingredients, and is done in around 10 minutes, so perfect to whip up on a sunny & lazy day!
For my collab with Bas Boer Noten I created this refreshing Asian Cucumber & Peanut Salad with a couple of their products. It has a simple, but hearty peanut dressing made with peanut butter, crispy chili oil, soy sauce & honey, and is topped of with chopped, roasted peanuts for that extra bit of crunch. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by just how well these ingredients work together!
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking & Kitchen Supplies: small mixing bowl for the dressing
Ingredients for the Asian Cucumber Salad
- 1 medium cucumber (around 300g)
- 30g roasted, salted peanuts
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp crispy chili oil (+ optional additional for garnish)
- 2 – 3 tbsp water
If you’re worried because you’re not great with spicy food, you can add some additional honey to the dressing to counter most of the spiciness. The crispy chili oil really is crucial for adding a lot a flavor to this dish without doing any of the hard work.
How to Make a Fresh Cucumber Salad with Peanut Dressing
- Wash the cucumber, then cut into quarters, lengthwise. Cut away the seeds in the center, leaving only the crunchy part of the cucumber. Then cut the strips of cucumber diagonally, into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the peanut butter, honey, crispy chili oil, and soy sauce to a small mixing bowl and mix the ingredients together. Add a couple of tablespoons of water to the mix until you are left with a thick, but liquid peanut dressing.
- Toss the cucumber and the peanut dressing together in a bowl, making sure the cucumber is evenly coated.
- Roughly chop the roasted peanuts, then scatter the bits over the salad. If you like a bit of spice, you can drizzle some extra crispy chili oil over the salad.
- Serve & enjoy!