Mulled Apple Cider Recipe
Get warm and comfy during the holiday season with this Hot Mulled Apple Cider recipe! It has got most of those classic Christmas spices, such as cinnamon, cloves, and allspice. The drink isn’t too sweet, and the dark rum packs that little bit of extra punch.
This recipe is for a whole liter of mulled apple cider, so it’s great to serve during the holiday family get-togethers or new year’s eve!
Makes: 1 liter | Prep Time: 2 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total: 27 mins
Cooking & Kitchen Supplies: saucepan | optional: sieve
- 750ml apple cider, half sweet
- 50ml dark rum
- 200ml apple juice
- half an orange
- 30g brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 2 tsp allspice berries
Living in the Northern hemisphere, I love all the warm drinks that come along with the winter season. And especially when visiting Christmas markets, I feel like getting some hot chocolate, mulled cider, or European glühwein is essential to the experience. With this recipe, however, you can easily bring some of that festive energy right into your own home.
How to make your own Mulled Apple Cider
- Pour the cider, apple juice, and sugar into a saucepan, and gently heat the mixture to mull it.
- Turn down the heat to low, and add the cinnamon, cloves, and allspice berries.
- Slice half an orange into slices and add them to the mixture. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes with the lid on.
- After it is done simmering, turn off the heat and use a sieve to strain the spices and orange slices.
- Add the rum to the mixture and stir.
- Serve the mulled cider while it’s still hot. You can choose to serve them with the orange slices and or cinnamon sticks if desired. Enjoy your warm cup of mulled cider!
Looking for more Christmas recipe ideas?
If you’re looking for more recipe ideas for the holiday season, be sure to check out the Christmas Recipes page.