Ciabattina with Scrambled Eggs, Blueberry Jam & Crispy Bacon Recipe
This recipe is inspired by the blueberry jam & egg-salad sandwiches which were a big hype in South Korea, but with my own – Westernized – spin on them.
I was really intrigued by the combination of blueberry jam and egg and wanted to experiment with the balance between sweet and savory. The result is a nice and filling breakfast or brunch recipe that could also work wonders for potential hangovers. 😉
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total: 20 mins
Cooking & Kitchen Supplies: large frying pan | large mixing bowl | whisk
- 4 bake-off ciabattina (or similar small bread)
- 10 medium eggs
- 150g smoked streaky bacon
- Blueberry jam
- Unsalted butter
- Fresh chives
- Ground salt & pepper to taste
How to make Ciabattina with Scrambled Eggs, Blueberry Jam & Crispy Bacon
- Preheat your oven, and bake your bread according to the instructions on the packaging of your bread.
- Heat up your frying pan, and add your streaky bacon. Fry the bacon until it’s golden brown and crispy, then transfer them to a plate lined with some kitchen towel to drain any excess fat.
- In the same pan, melt a knob of butter on low fire. In the meantime, whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl while the butter is melting in the pan.
- Once your butter has fully melted, turn down the heat to the lowest setting, and pour the whisked eggs into the pan. Immediately start whisking the eggs to make sure they cook nice and evenly. If you feel like the eggs start curdling, remove the pan from the heat altogether, and continue whisking. When your eggs reach the consistency of a thick yoghurt, transfer them to a bowl or plate. They will probably continue cooking a little bit from the residual heat, so especially make sure not to cook them in the pan for too long.
- Season the scrambled eggs with salt & pepper, then remove the ciabattina bread from the oven, and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Spread a generous amount of blueberry jam on the bottom half of the bread, then place your crispy bacon on top of the jam.
- Distribute the scrambled eggs among the ciabattina, and finish them off by cutting some fresh chives on top of the eggs.
- Your ciabattina with scrambled eggs are done & ready to serve. Enjoy!