Pretzel & Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
If you’re a fan of the sweet and salty combination, then you’ll absolutely love these pretzel & chocolate chip cookies! These delicious snacks offer a perfect balance of flavors, with the salty, crunchy pretzels contrasting the sweet cookies, and decadent dark chocolate. So, grab a glass of milk and get ready to indulge in this sweet and salty treat!
Serves: around 15 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 24 mins (12 mins each batch) | Total: 40 mins
Cooking & Kitchen Supplies: parchment paper | ice cream scoop | baking sheet | stand mixer | baking rack
Ingredients for the Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 225g all-purpose flour
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 225g granulated sugar
- 180g dark chocolate chips
- 30g salted pretzels
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
Tip for Great Looking Cookies
Want to get perfectly round cookies? Use a large biscuit cutter or mug that’s big enough to fit over the baked cookies. When the cookies are just out of the oven, you can still somewhat shape them by placing the cutter or mug over the cookies and moving it in circles along the edges of the cookie. Give it a try!
How to Bake Dark Chocolate & Pretzel Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 170°C or 340°F on the conventional heating setting.
- Add the butter and sugar to the bowl of the stand mixer, and mix on a low setting until the ingredients are combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix once more until you get a smooth mixture.
- Set aside 15 pretzels that aren’t broken, and break the rest into a couple of big pieces each.
- Add most of the dark chocolate chips and all of the broken pretzel pieces to the cookie dough and mix on a low setting until everything is just evenly distributed.
- Prepare a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- Scoop balls of cookie dough with an ice scoop onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press a pretzel gently into the top of each ball of cookie dough. Press some more dark chocolate chips into spots that could use a little extra chocolate.
- Bake the cookies in two separate batches, around 12 minutes each, until they are golden brown.
- Once done baking, transfer the cookies – paper and all – to a baking rack to cool down.
- They’re done. Enjoy your pretzel & chocolate chip cookies!