Easy Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Are you tired of your usual breakfast routine, and want to spice it up with a delicious and easy-to-make dish? Be sure to give this puff pastry breakfast pizza with egg and serrano ham a try! This breakfast dish is done in 15 minutes and is perfect for those who want a breakfast that’s both savory and indulgent.
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total: 15 mins
Cooking & Kitchen Supplies: parchment paper | cheese grater | baking tray
Ingredients for the Breakfast Pizza
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 roll of puff pastry from the refridgerated section
- 4 tbsp herbed cream cheese of your own choice
- 30g jamón Serrano
- small packet of rocket lettuce
- 5 – 10g Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- salt & pepper
The storebought puff pastry is a quick and easy solution, and it serves as the perfect base for the your eggs, cream cheese, salty Spanish serrano ham, and grated cheese. Plus, it’s easy to customize it with your favorite toppings like herbs, vegetables, or even a drizzle of hot sauce. This breakfast pizza is sure to become a new personal favorite, whether it’s for a lazy weekend brunch or a quick weekday meal. Let’s get cooking!
How to Bake a Puff Pastry Breakfast Pizza
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and preheat the oven to 220°C or 430°F (or follow the possibly differing instruction on the packaging of your puff pastry).
- Line the baking tray with a sheet of parchment paper, and roll the puff pastry out onto the tray. Poke a couple of holes in your rolled out pastry with your fork.
- Spread around 4 tablespoons of the herbed cream cheese onto the puff pastry, but be sure to leave out a small bit around the edges.
- Fold the edges of the puff pastry inwards so that the egg won’t slide off in a bit.
- Distribute the slices of jamón Serrano around the puff pastry. Tip: the slices of ham are great at keeping the eggs in place. So if you want your eggs in a specific spot, this is the right moment to plan ahead!
- Crack the eggs and pour them onto the puff pastry one by one. Season everything with some dried parsley, pepper and a little bit of salt.
- Bake the breakfast pizza in the oven for around 10 minutes. The egg whites should be completly solid, and the egg yolks cooked, but not too dry.
- Take the breakfast pizza out of the oven and finish it off by scattering a handful of fresh rocket lettuce, and grating some Parmesan cheese over it.
- Serve & enjoy!