Pear Carpaccio Recipe
Since the Holiday season slowly seems to be creeping up on us, I wanted to focus on adding some more vegetarian dishes to make your lives a bit easier. So if you’re looking for veggie recipes to make your feast complete, give this pear carpaccio a try!
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 12 mins | Cook Time: 3 mins | Total: 15 mins
Cooking & Kitchen Supplies: medium frying pan
Ingredients for your vegetarian Carpaccio
- 4 – 6 medium pears
- 30g sharp blue cheese
- 50g arugula
- handful fresh sage leaves
- knob of salted butter
- port syrup (balsamic syrup also works if you can’t find any)
Yes, carpaccio is actually a dish consisting of thinly sliced raw meat or fish, which is commonly served as an appetizer. So this may not technically be a carpaccio, but, I really wanted to make a vegetarian version for my vegetarians out there!
How to Make a Vegetarian Carpaccio with Sliced Pear
- Wash the pears, then cut them into thin slices. Make sure to remove the stems, seeds, and other solid parts. Don’t worry if they’re not even. You can easily cover that up in the next step!
- Start arranging the pear slices on the plates. Start with the uneven slices for the bottom layer, and point the top of the pear slices inward. Try and distribute the slices across the plate to create a nice and even layer of sliced pear.
- Place a handful of fresh arugula in the middle of the dish, filling up the empty space in the middle of the pear slices.
- Crumble the blue cheese over the dish.
- Melt a knob of butter in the pan and add the sage leaves when the butter has fully melted. Fry the sage leaves until they turn crispy. Turn the sage leaves over every now and then to ensure the become crispy all over.
- Take the crispy sage from the pan and let it cool off until you’re able to handle it with bare hands. Then crumble the crispy over the dishes. Grab a spoon and drizzle some of the salted butter that’s left in the pan over the arugula and the pear slices.
- Finish the dish off by drizzling over some port syrup over your pear carpaccio in a circular motion.
- Serve & enjoy!