Vegan Yogurt with Banana & Walnuts Recipe
Want to treat yourself with a nice breakfast that’s easy, but also quick to make? Try out this delicious recipe for vegan yogurt with slices of banana & chopped walnuts. With the added maple syrup and cinnamon it really gives off those comforting fall vibes.
Serves: 1 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Total: 10 mins
Cooking & Kitchen Supplies: small to medium cutting board | optional: glass to serve the yogurt in
Ingredients for the Yogurt
- 20g raw walnuts
- 2 – 3 tbsp maple syrup
- half a banana
- 200ml vegan yogurt of your own choice (I personally went a plain, unsweetened one)
- ground cinnamon to taste
Personally I love incorporating banana into my breakfasts. Whether you use fresh banana, baked banana or even fried banana – with that last one being my absolute favorite – doesn’t really matter, it’s all really good in it’s own way.
If you like the idea of baked banana for breakfast however, you might want to give my Baked Brioche French Toast recipe a try!
How to Prepare Vegan Yogurt with Banana, Walnuts & Maple Syrup
- Cut half a banana into slices, and roughly chop the walnuts.
- Start by pouring the maple syrup onto the bottom of a bowl or a glass. Then follow up by slowly pouring in the vegan yogurt. Tip: You can use a spoon to pour the yogurt onto if you want to keep the yogurt and maple syrup layer nicely separated. Just hold a spoon in the glass, a bit above the maple syrup, with the back of the spoon up. Now you can slowly pour the yogurt into the glass without it instantly pushing the maple syrup to the side.
- Arrange the slices of banana on top of the yogurt, then add the chopped walnuts.
- Finish the breakfast off with some ground cinnamon on top. Enjoy!