Homemade Pumpkin Spice Buns Recipe
It’s almost Halloween, so I wanted to share an easy baking recipe with you! These sweet pumpkin spice buns with mascarpone look great, but only use a couple of ingredients and are very easy to make. Even if you barely have any experience with baking, you will surely be able to pull this one off! The spices in this warm treat will give you that cozy fall feeling. Enjoy them for brunch, with some coffee or just as a snack!
Makes: 3 buns | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 – 20 mins | Total: 25 – 30 mins
Cooking & Kitchen Supplies: oven tray | food brush | small mixing bowl | parchment paper
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Spice Buns
- 1 can refrigerated croissant dough for 6 big croissants (around 350g)
- 100g mascarpone
- 2 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (plus extra for sprinkling)
- 1 egg
How to Bake Pumpkin Spice Buns with Mascarpone
- Preheat your oven according to the croissant dough packaging.
- Roll out the croissant dough on a cutting board or other clean surface. Gently close up the diagonal cutting indication lines in the dough with your fingers.
- Combine the mascarpone, pumpkin spice and brown sugar in a bowl. Mix until you get a smooth and even mixture.
- Cut the dough at the remaining indication lines, creating three big pieces.
- Spread the pumpkin spice mixture evenly among the pieces of croissant dough with a knife or the back of a spoon.
- Roll the croissant dough into cylinders along the shortest side. Then cut the dough right down the middle, apart from one small piece on one end so that the dough will more easily stay together.
- You now have two strands of dough on each piece. Gently weave the strands over each other, while trying to get the inside with the pumpkin spice on top. See the picture above for reference.
- Start shaping the buns by laying down one end of the dough in the middle and draping the rest of the dough around in increasingly bigger circles. Tuck the other end of the dough away underneath the bun so that it appears nice and round.
- Whisk an egg and then brush the top of the buns with with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle some additional brown sugar over the buns, then transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the pumpkin spice buns for 15-20 minutes in the oven. This may be a bit longer than the packaging recommend, but since these buns are a bit bigger, they will need a little more time in the oven.
- After they have gotten nice and golden in the oven, let them cool off for a little bit.
- Serve them & enjoy!