Omelet with Smoked Salmon & Chive Cream Cheese Recipe
This recipe is super quick, only uses 5 ingredients – provided you have salt, pepper, and butter on hand – but most of all, is absolutely scrumptious! So if you want to whip up a savory and fast lunch or brunch, be sure to give this one a try!
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 6 mins | Total: 11 mins
Cooking & Kitchen Supplies: small to medium frying pan | mixing bowl
Ingredients for the Omelet with Salmon & Cream Cheese:
- 70g smoked salmon
- 4 medium eggs
- 100g cream cheese
- 1 – 2 handsful of fresh chives
- splash of whole milk
- knob of butter
- ground salt & pepper to taste
I personally love smoked salmon, but a lot of the time I find it somewhat overpowering when combined with other ingredients. The cream cheese, however, tones the salmon a bit down and creates a perfect balance between the omelet, smoked salmon & the chive cream cheese.
How to make an Omelet with Smoked Salmon & Chive Cream Cheese
- If possible, take the cream cheese out of the fridge ahead of time so that it softens a bit and becomes more manageable.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk them together with a splash of milk.
- Finely dice your fresh chives and mix most of it in with the cream cheese. Add some ground pepper to taste and mix once more. Set aside the leftover diced chives for garnish.
- Heat up your frying pan with a knob of butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter has fully melted, pour half of the egg mixture into the pan. Slightly whisk the egg in the pan until it starts to set so that it cooks more evenly.
- Once the egg mixture has set, flip the omelet and cook the other side until it is slightly golden brown.
- Once the omelet is cooked, fold it in the pan, then transfer to a plate.
- Repeat the process for the second omelet.
- Grind some salt & pepper over the omelets and top the omelets with small pieces of the smoked salmon. Then place a scoop of cream cheese on top of the smoked salmon. Finish the dish off by sprinkling the remaining diced chives over the omelet.
- Serve the omelets & enjoy!