Kimchi Tuna Melt Quesadilla with Ssamjang Mayo Recipe
Oorspronkelijk creëerde ik dit recept voor Happlify. De Nederlandse versie van het recept kun je daar terugvinden.
For this recipe I combined three different cuisines – American, Mexican & Korean – which resulted in a delicious snack. Soft, melty cheese, creamy tuna salad, and some kimchi for a subtle bit of heat, all combined on a crispy tortilla. Sounds great, right?
Aantal Personen: 1 lunch portion/ 4 snack portions | Voorbereiding: 10 min. | Kooktijd: 5 min. | Totaal: 15 min.
Kookgerei & Keukenaccessoires: middelgrote koekenpan | pot lid to cover the frying pan | 2 small mixing bowls
Ingredients for the Tuna Melt Quesadilla
- 2 medium wraps
- 1 can tuna (in oil)
- 1 el mayonaise
- 20g kimchi
- 90g grated cheese
- gemalen zout & peper naar smaak
- oil of your own choice
Ingredients for the Ssamjang Mayo
- 1 tbsp mayonaise
- 0.5 – 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp ssamjang (mild)
This is how you make a Tuna Melt Quesadilla with Kimchi
- Open the can of tuna and drain it well. Transfer the tuna to a bowl and add the mayonnaise, pepper, and salt. Mix everything together until the ingredients are smooth and evenly distributed.
- Cut the kimchi into small pieces and then add it to the tuna. Mix the kimchi into the tuna salad.
- Add the ssamjang, mayonnaise, and a little bit of water to a bowl and mix this until smooth.
- Remove the wraps from their packaging. Add some oil to the pan and then place a wrap in the pan. Don’t turn on the heat just yet though. We’re building the quesadilla in the pan so that we don’t risk the ingredients falling out while transferring our quesadilla.
- Sprinkle half of the grated cheese onto the wrap in the pan. You don’t have to be too precise, all the cheese that ends up on the sides of the pan will only form a delicious, crispy cheese skirt!
- Add the tuna salad on top of the cheese and try to spread it evenly over the surface.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the tuna salad and place the second wrap on top. Gently push the quesadilla into the pan so that the filling gets even more evenly distributed.
- Heat up the pan on low to medium heat and cover it with a lid. Fry the bottom wrap for a couple of minutes until it’s crispy and golden-brown. Then carefully flip it – with the help of a plate if needed – and fry the other side until this is also crispy and golden-brown.
- Transfer the quesadilla to a cutting board and cut it into 4 pieces. Arrange the quesadilla pieces on a plate and drizzle some of the ssamjang mayo over it, or serve aside. Enjoy!