Bacon & Goat Cheese Quiche Recipe
Okay guys, I’ve prepared another cheesy and savory oven dish for you to enjoy! Like most oven dishes, it’s great to prepare beforehand which makes it ideal for dinner parties. I added the classic combination of bacon, onion & cheese for this recipe, but feel free to get creative!
- small frying pan
- oven dish
- mixing bowl
- 160 g puff pastry
- 250 g cubed bacon
- 1 red onion
- 3 tbsp crème fraiche
- 4 medium eggs
- 50 g grated cheese
- 100 g goats cheese
- 20 g walnuts optional
- 1 tsp dried sage
How to bake a Bacon & Goat Cheese Quiche
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- Heat up a small frying pan (without butter or oil) and add your bacon. Fry the bacon for about 10 mins on medium heat until it gets crispy. In the meantime, finely cut your onion or shallots.
- After frying the bacon for 10 minutes, add your chopped onion or shallots and the dried sage to the pan and fry until the onion or shallots become soft.
- Set aside your frying pan with the bacon mixture to let it cool down a bit.
- Grease your oven dish and unfold the pastry into it. Press it into the bottom of your oven dish, and slowly work your way back up to create the sides of your quiche. Grab a fork and poke some holes into the bottom of the pastry.
- Grab your mixing bowl, and crack your eggs into the bowl. Whisk them and add your creme fraiche & grated cheese. Whisk again.
- Add the bacon mixture into the bowl with the eggs and whisk.
- Crumble your goat cheese and add it to your egg mixture. Gently stir the goat cheese into the mixture with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into your oven dish, on top of the puff pastry.
- Optional: arrange your walnuts on top of the quiche mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes so that your quiche will be done.
- Let it cool down for a while outside of the oven.
- Cut & enjoy!