Bruschetta with Date Cream, Brie & Prosciutto Recipe
This snack is great to prepare when you’re inviting friends over for a drink. The bruschetta pair very well with a glass of wine with their savory cheese & prosciutto contrasted by the sweet date cream. Absolutely delicious!
- electric grill or grill pan
Ingredients for the Bruschetta
- 1 ciabatta bread about 250g
- 100 g cream cheese
- 1 tbs crème fraîche
- 5 fresh dates
- 1 ts maple syrup
- 200 g brie
- 120 g prosciutto
- 1 clove garlic
- virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper to taste
How to make Bruschetta with Date Cream, Brie & Prosciutto
- If needed, preheat the oven for baking the ciabatta according to the instructions on the package.
- Remove the seeds from the dates and cut the dates in half for easier processing.
- Add the cream cheese, crème fraîche, dates, and maple syrup to a bowl and mix well until the mixture is smooth.
- Cut the brie in slices that are roughly the diameter of your bread in width and about one centimeter (or just a little under half an inch) thick. Set aside in the fridge so that it doesn’t all melt and stick together.
- Cut off the ends of the ciabatta. Then proceed to cut the ciabatta crosswise, in slices of about 3 centimeters (or about an inch).
- Drizzle some olive oil over one side of your ciabatta slices before putting them on the grill. Grill a couple at a time until they are nice and crispy and have grill marks on them.
- Grab your clove of garlic and trim off the root. Crush the garlic with a knife and peel off the outer layer. Cut the clove in half, lengthwise.
- Rub the toasted ciabatta with the inner part of the raw garlic.
- Spread a somewhat thin layer of the date cream on the toasted ciabatta.
- Lay a slice of brie on top of the date cream layer.
- Take a slice of prosciutto and cut it in half, crosswise. Casually fold the pieces of prosciutto to create some depth and place them on top of the brie.
- Finish off with a generous amount of ground black pepper. Enjoy & try not to keep them all to yourself!