Watermelon, Mozzarella & Prosciutto Skewers Recipe
Here’s a super simple summery snack for you to enjoy! The skewers are great to serve as snacks at a party, but they also work really well as an appetizer. With only four ingredients, you can serve these refreshing Watermelon, Mozzarella, Basil & Prosciutto Skewers without even breaking a sweat.
- 8 short skewers
- 150 g watermelon
- 8 small mozzarella balls around 65g total
- 50 g prosciutto
- versgemalen zwarte peper naar smaak
How to Make Summery Watermelon, Mozzarella & Prosciutto Skewers
- First, we'll start by preparing the different ingredients to make it easier and quicker to skewer them all at once later on. If you have a whole watermelon, or perhaps even a wedge, start by cutting off a thick, but even slice.
- Then cut the slice of watermelon into a grid of around 5 cm or 2-inch pieces. Take out 8 square pieces around the middle. (Feel free to snack on the rest, or smaller pieces around the side. 😉)
- Divide the sliced prosciutto into 8 roughly same-sized portions, then thread it onto a skewer.
- Follow up with a leaf of fresh basil, mozzarella, and lastly, the cubed watermelon.
- Arrange the skewers on a serving dish or nice-looking cutting board, and finish it off with some ground black pepper. Enjoy!