Pumpkin Waffles Recipe
- diepe kom
- brush optioneel
- 1 medium ei
- 60 ml pumpkin puree
- 100 ml karnemelk
- 60 g melted butter
- 1 tl vanille extract
- 60 - 80 g self-rising flour depending on pumpkin puree water content
- 2 tl pumpkin spice
- snufje zout
- butter for greasing the iron
- klontje gezouten roomboter
How to Make Your Own Pumpkin Waffles at Home
- Start by melting the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Turn off the heat immediately after the butter has melted, then pour it into another container to let it cool off more quickly.
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Crack the egg and add it to the bowl. Whisk the egg, then add pumpkin puree and the buttermilk. Whisk everything together. Then add the vanilla extract, and the melted butter and whisk once more until the mixture is smooth.
- Now that all the wet ingredients are incorporated, we add in the dry ingredients. Add the flour, pumpkin spice, sugar, and salt to the bowl. Then whisk everything together until you have a thick, but smooth batter.
- Once your waffle iron is hot, grease it with some butter to ensure that nice and crispy outside layer of the waffle. Then pour enough batter into the waffle iron, close it, and cook the waffle until it's golden brown and done. This takes around 3 - 4 minutes. Then repeat the process for the second waffle.
- Pour maple syrup over the hot pumpkin waffle according to your liking and add a bit of salted butter on top. The salt & the sweet will complement each other beautifully! Enjoy!