Creamy Ricotta & Tomato Pasta Recipe
It’s done within 20 minutes, and only uses a couple of basic ingredients, but the flavors are so good!
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total: 20 mins
Cooking & Kitchen Supplies: medium cooking pot | medium frying pan | cheese grater
Ingredients for the Pasta
- 220g penne
- 1 can peeled tomatoes (400g)
- 100g ricotta
- 60g parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5g fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- optional: 2 tbsp capers
- extra virgin olive oil
- ground salt & pepper to taste
How to make Creamy Ricotta & Tomato Pasta
- Bring a pot with water to a boil to cook your pasta in.
- In the meantime, heat up a generous amount of olive oil in a frying pan. Fry your capers in the oil until they’re golden and crispy. Then transfer them to a plate.
- Press your garlic or dice it finely, then add it to the pan with the leftover olive oil and fry it for a about a minute until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the can of peeled tomatoes to the frying pan and split the tomatoes into smaller pieces with a spatula. Let the sauce simmer for a bit.
- Once the water is boiling, salten it, then add the pasta and cook it according to the instructions on the package.
- Add the chili flakes and ricotta to the sauce and mix well.
- Grab your basil leaves, place them on top of eachother and roll them up, then cut them into thin slices and chop them up. Add the basil to the sauce and give it a good stir. Taste the sauce and add ground salt & pepper as needed.
- Grate your parmesan cheese and set it aside for later.
- Drain your pasta and add it to the sauce. Stir it until the sauce covers all of the penne.
- Transfer the pasta to plates or bowls and sprinkle the parmesan cheese and fried capers on top. Then finish it off with a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!