Pearl Couscous Salad with Grilled Zucchini & Feta Recipe
Looking for a quick & healthy lunch that isn’t your average green salad? You should definitely give this lukewarm pearl couscous salad with grilled zucchini a try!
The pistachio bits & pine nuts give the salad a nice crunch, and the overall dish is very moreish. I will absolutely be making this myself for lunch more often from now on.
Serves: 1 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total: 15 mins
Cooking & Kitchen Supplies: small cooking pot | grill pan or electric grill | small frying pan
- 70g zucchini
- 75g pearl couscous
- vegetable stock powder
- 25g feta cheese
- 10g pistachios
- 5g pine nuts
- extra virgin olive oil
- ground salt & pepper to taste
One of my favorite ways to use our electric grill is to grill veggies. It’s very easy, but it gives everything that nice grilled flavor, and makes everything delicious without even having to add a lot of seasoning.
How to prepare a Pearl Couscous Salad with Grilled Zucchini & Feta
- Bring around 100ml water to a boil in a small cooking pot and add vegetable stock powder to taste.
- Add the pearl couscous to the pot when the water is boiling and let cook for around 5 minutes while stirring every now and then. Take it of the heat when it has absorbed all of the liquid in the pan.
- Heat up your grill pan or turn on your electric grill.
- In the meantime, cut your zucchini into thin slices and toss them in a bowl with some olive, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Grill them until they become soft, and they have grill marks on them.
- In the meantime, roast your pine nuts in a small frying pan for a short while, and chop up your pistachios.
- Transfer the couscous to a bowl or a plate, and place the grilled zucchini on top. Top it off by crumbling the feta cheese over the dish, and scattering the pine nuts & pistacho bits over it.
- It’s ready to eat, enjoy!