Cookie Crumble Cheesecake Recipe
This creamy vanilla cheesecake makes for a rich yet delicious dessert. However, because this recipe is not overly sweet I personally feel it goes really well with a cup of tea or coffee as well. Especially because of the cookies crumbles in the crust, it takes cookies with your tea or coffee to a whole other level!
- baking pan 800 ml
- parchment paper
- 100 g cream cheese
- 200 g cottage cheese
- 65 g sour cream
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 175 g Biscoff cookies
- 90 g granulated sugar
- 10 g all-purpose flour
How to bake a Cookie Crumble Cheesecake
- Preheat the oven to 150°C or 300°F on the conventional heating setting.
- Put little dabs of butter on the sides and bottom of your baking pan to keep the parchment paper in place, then line the baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a pan on low heat.
- Throw the cookies in the blender and blend until you get a nice and even mixture of crumbs.
- Mix the cookie crumbles, melted butter, and the ground cinnamon in a bowl until evenly mixed.
- Distribute the cookie crumble mixture onto the bottom of your baking pan and push it firmly into the bottom with the back of a spoon to make it smooth and firm. Set the baking tray aside in the fridge for now.
- Mix the cottage cheese first with the mixer and try to get it nice and smooth. Then add the cream cheese and sugar and mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed. Add the eggs one by one while mixing. Add the sour cream and the vanilla extract and sift the flour into the mixture. Mix until the mixture is nice and smooth, but be mindful not to overmix it to avoid too much air in your filling.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of your cookie crust, into the baking pan.
- Place the baking pan into the oven and bake the cheesecake for about 40 minutes. Don’t worry if your cheesecake turns out nice and golden, we’re baking this European style!
- Take the cheesecake out of the oven once it’s done and let it cool a bit on the counter. Once it’s about room temperature, move it to the fridge and chill for another 3 hours to ensure it is nice and firm.
- Once the cheesecake has chilled for at least 3 hours, slice it into 6 or 8 pieces according to your preference and appetite. 😉 Serve & enjoy!