Bagels with Homemade Egg Salad Recipe
The 15th of January is International Bagel Day, so what better way is there to celebrate than by eating one? I’ve had a lot of amazing bagels while I was in America, but I wanted this one to be simple & comforting. You can whip this creamy homemade egg salad up in no time, and it goes great with the crunchy bagel.
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 10-14 mins | Total: 20-24 mins
- 2 bagels, bake-off or fresh
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (I personally used Hellmann’s)
- 1 tbsp French mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ground salt & pepper to taste
When you’re going to eat these delicious bagels, you might want to grab enough napkins, or just eat the individual halves. Because from personal experience, I can tell that the creamy egg salad will get everywhere. It’s totally worth it though!
How to make Bagels with Homemade Egg Salad
- If needed, preheat your oven according to the instructions on the package of your bagels.
- Either boil your eggs for 10 minutes in boiling water or cook them for 14 minutes in an air fryer to get hard-boiled eggs. I personally love cooking eggs in the air fryer since it has a built-in timer and I find that the eggs are easier to peel as well!
- In the meantime, finely chop your fresh chives and add them to a bowl. Then add the mayonnaise, French mustard, and curry powder, and mix well.
- If needed, bake your bagels according to the instructions.
- Once the eggs are done cooking, immediately shock them in cold water to make them easier to peel later on. I usually let them sit there for a couple of minutes.
- Peel your eggs and then chop them into small pieces. Add them to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture and mix well. Taste, and add ground salt & pepper as needed.
- Cut your bagels in half. You can either spread the egg salad on both individual halves so that the salad won’t fall out while taking a bite or just spread it on the bottom half if you don’t mind things getting messy while eating.
- They’re ready, enjoy your bagels!