Salami Pizza Toast Recipe
This salami pizza toast is perfect for a quick and easy savory lunch. With just a few simple ingredients you can indulge in a warm, cheesy lunch dish in just around 15 minutes.
This easy-to-make recipe combines the flavors of pizza with the convenience of toast for a quick, yet comforting meal. Whether you’re looking for a filling lunch or a savory snack to enjoy at home, be sure to give pizza toast a try!
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total: 15 mins
Cooking & Kitchen Supplies: oven tray | parchment paper
Ingredients for the Pizza Toasts
- 2 slices white bread (any bread shape is fine, but round or oval ones do look a little more like actual pizza)
- 150g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 6 slices of salami (preferably thicker cut)
- 4 – 5 tbsp pizza sauce or a good quality canned polpa
- 1 – 2 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ground black pepper & salt to taste
- fresh basil
- extra virgin olive oil
Do you happen to be a vegetarian or is salami not really your thing? Feel free to experiment and substitute some of the ingredients! You could for example go with some sun dried tomatoes, or roasted peppers.
Just be sure to choose precooked ingredients or ingredients that will cook in those short 10 minutes they will be in the oven.
How to Make Easy Salami Pizza Toast
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (or 390°F).
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper.
- Drizzle some olive oil on each slice of bread, then place them on the parchment paper, oiled side down.
- Spread a generous amount of tomato sauce on each slice of bread. Make sure to spread it out to the sides.
- Sprinkle around half of the mozzarella on top of the tomato sauce. Then start adding the toppings. Distribute the slices of salami and cherry tomato among the slices of bread. Then sprinkle the rest of the mozarella cheese over it.
- Finish it off with the oregano, ground black pepper, and a pinch of salt, and they’re ready to go into the oven!
- Bake them until the mozzarella cheese has fully melted. This will take somewhere in between 8 – 10 minutes.
- Take the pizza toasts out of the oven & serve them with some fresh basil. Enjoy!