Roasted Maple-Glazed Carrots Recipe
Veggies don’t ever seem to be the main star of the Christmas dinner, but that doesn’t mean that they can’t be! This roasted carrot recipe has very little hands-on time, is delicious, and even happens to be vegan. I’m not even a big fan of carrots myself, but when they’re roasted like this, I really do enjoy them!
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 8 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total: 28 mins
Cooking & Kitchen Supplies: sheet pan | silicone baking mat or parchment paper
- 450g carrots, thin ones
- 2 – 3 tbsp maple syrup
- cayenne pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- ground salt & pepper to taste
If you didn’t manage to find thin carrots, you will need to up the time they roast in the oven if you still want nice and soft carrots. Add about an additional 10 minutes of roasting time and check whether they’re done by poking the upper part of the carrot with a fork. It should be able to poke right through the carrot.
How to prepare Roasted Maple-Glazed Carrots
- Preheat your oven to 425°F or 220°C (without your sheet pan).
- If preferred, remove the stems of your carrots entirely, or just cut away the upper part, leaving part of the stem for aesthetics.
- Wash your carrots thoroughly. Then either peel them or scrub them with a vegetable brush or a new sponge.
- Place your baking mat or parchment paper on your sheet pan and grease it with some olive oil.
- Place your carrots on the tray and coat them with olive oil. Then season them with cayenne pepper, ground pepper & ground salt. We will add the maple syrup later on, to prevent it from burning.
- Roast your carrots for a total of 20 minutes, and pour over the maple syrup 5 minutes before they’re done to give them that nice glaze.
- Take them out of the oven & transfer them to a dish. Season them with a little bit of additional maple syrup & some coarse salt.