Creamy Herbed Mashed Potatoes Recipe
It’s not just fries, I actually really love potatoes in general. So especially right around the holiday season, a recipe for mashed potatoes was bound to be shared here of course. These mashed potatoes are nice and creamy, and only got a couple of ingredients. Sometimes, simplicity is key if you ask me!
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total: 40 mins
Cooking & Kitchen Supplies: medium cooking pot | potato masher | small frying pan
- 550g potatoes
- 50g butter
- 120ml whole cream
- 3 sage leaves
- 2 twigs thyme
- ground salt & pepper to taste
We combined these mashed potatoes with the Irish Beef Stew recipe that I posted earlier, but they are very versatile, and will go with almost any saucy dish or gravy!
How to prepare Creamy Herbed Mashed Potatoes
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into roughly the same size pieces if you have big, or different-sized potatoes.
- Place your potatoes in a cooking pot and cover them with cold water. Add some salt to the water and bring the potatoes to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, boil the potatoes until they are tender enough to stick a fork into without too much resistance. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Around 15 minutes in, melt half of your butter in a small frying pan and add your sage & thyme. Fry on medium heat until your butter is slightly browned.
- When done, drain your potatoes, and mash them in the pot over a low heat.
- Season with ground salt & pepper, and add the other half of your butter and the whole cream to the potatoes. Mash some more.
- Add half of your herby browned butter to the potatoes. The sage & thyme should be crispy, so it’s very easy to crumble them into the mashed potatoes. If you want to go for a more aesthetic approach however, you can also choose to serve (part of) the herbs on top of the mashed potatoes.
- Transfer your creamy mashed potatoes to a serving dish, and drizzle the rest of the herb butter over the potatoes.
- Serve & enjoy them however you like!